Skip to main content


Q: I can't find a provider. Can I be paid to provide support for my child under age 18?
A: Right now, no. This is a federal rule.

Q: My child is home 24/7 now (can't go to their job, or can't go to school). Can I get additional hours for respite?
A: Possibly. Check with your case manager

Q: My provider is already working 40 hours and I can't find another. Can DDA waive the overtime rule?
A: Possibly. You need to make a request with your DDA case manager.

Q: Schools are sending home learning resources, but I don't see anything my child can access. Can they leave out children with disabilities?
A: No. But this is all new territory and educators are trying to figure out how to support all children, including those who have disabilities. Generally, if a school offers services and supports to non-disabled children, then they need to make them accessible to students with disabilities. Federal civil rights laws are in play (Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, as well as the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). Advocates are watching and assessing the situation. 

Q: I have more questions; can you help?
A: Absolutely! Gives us a call or send us an email. We aren't physically in our office, but The Arc is definitely open. We're here, and we care.

Call: 206-829-7053