Trainings and events
Together with the Information and Family Support Team, the Advocacy Team offers monthly workshops and we often partner with other organizations to sponsor civic engagement events. These can include:
- Workshops to help you learn about and navigate services
- Hot topic events to discuss issues, or learn about emerging policy
- Classes to help you develop civic engagement and leadership skills
- Meet and greets to connect with leaders in the field
- Forums and town halls to connect with elected leaders or meet candidates for office
Check out our Community Calendar for upcoming events.
COHORT SERIES: We offer two cohort-style learning series, Leadership Intensive and The Inclusion Academy.
- Leadership Intensive is offered as funding is available and unites people with disabilities, family members, and allies for a yearlong exploration of disability history, advocacy and leadership development.
- The Inclusion Academy is a 6- to 9-month course for parents of children ages 2 to 5 (and allies) that focuses on inclusive early learning, disability equity and advocacy support. It is a science-based Innovation Fund project funded through Best Starts for Kids. We will be starting our third cohort of The Inclusion academy in fall 2020 and and anticipate starting our fourth in spring 2021.