Gadgets powered by Google


Sign-Up for Email Updates
  1. First Name
    Invalid Input
  2. Last Name
    Invalid Input
  3. Email
    Invalid Input

Donate Now

 There are many ways for helping us change the lives of people with I/DD and their families. You can make donations, sponsor an event or program, volunteer or even donate your talent supporting a specific project.

Donate Now!


Where can I get help finding work?

The Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR).

Where does funding for employment support come from?

For individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities employment support services may be funded through the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), or the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).

Who provides employment support?

Click here for a list of employment service providers.

How can I help someone still at school become prepared for employment?

Ensure that the transition component of their IEP includes opportunities to focus on work skills, and to explore job opportunities. If they are not enrolled in DDA, now is the time to apply and find out if they are eligible. DDA eligibility may open up some oppportunities for employment support. If you are not sure if they are enrolled in DDA, call 206.568.5700. 

I want to work, but I am worried about my Social Security Benefits, who can help? 

Plan to Work can provide free consultation, and help you figure out what the rules are, and which work incentive programs might help make the transition to work as smooth as possible. 


The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) assists individuals to prepare for, find and keep a job.


The KCDDD is responsible for providing employment and day program services. The KCDDD currently provides the following services: Early Intervention/birth-to-three, employment, community access, housing, in-home family counseling, social and recreational activities, information and assistance, advocacy, homelessness projects, and program development/technical assistance.


If you receive Social Security disability benefits and live in the state of Washington Plan to Work can help you: Understand how working will affect your cash and/or medical benefits as well as other state-specific benefits; Make informed decisions about the impact of employment on your overall financial well being; Develop an individualized Work Incentive plan which allows you to make informed decisions as you work towards your goal of self-sufficiency; Receive support in navigating programs and services of agencies and organizations at the Federal, State, and local levels.


Offers a comprehensive range of services designed to expand opportunities for people with disabilities to live, work, and fully participate in the communities of their choice. Services include: Assistive technology, employment services, support for people who have experienced a traumatic brain injury, art program, financial empowerment & workshops.


A listing of the Social Security work incentives for SSDI and SSI benefits.


This website provides nationwide information on employment advocacy and policies.


Washington Initiative for Supported Employment (WISE) promote equitable employment for people with developmental disabilities.


The Washington C.A.P. is an advocacy program with the following services: Provides information about the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), the Department of Services for the Blind (DSB) and Independent Living Programs (ILP’s). Explains your rights and responsibilities as an applicant or client of these rehabilitation agencies. Works to solve problems through negotiation. Offers information about the Americans with Disability Act (ADA). Offers information about social security benefits. Offers individualized advocacy services including assistance with administrative proceedings.