Youth and Family Homelessness Prevention
In partnership with King County Best Starts for Kids, The Arc provides intensive case management so that families can maintain stable housing, preventing them from entering the homeless system.
Wondering who is eligible for this program? Here are the requirements:
- Someone in the household must be 24 years or younger
- Someone in the household must have an intellectual or developmental disability
- Household members must be residents of King County
- The household must be at imminent risk of homelessness
- The household must not have received homelessness services through the King County Coordinated Entry System or from other Best Starts for Kids Homelessness Prevention Programs within the last six months.
Program participants might be individual young adults no longer living with their family, an adult with a I/DD who has at least one child under the age of 24 living with them, or a family that includes a child with I/DD under age 24 living with them.
Potential program participants must go through an intake interview with our Housing Stability Specialist which includes identifying the current barriers to stable housing, possible solutions to achieve stable housing, and a mutually agreed-upon support plan that both The Arc case manager and the family develop and implement together
For more information or to begin the intake process contact our Information & Resource Team:
English: 206-829-7053 OR Ask@arcofkingcounty.org
Spanish: 206-829-7030 OR Preguntas@arcofkingcounty.org