Training, Education, & Technical Assistance
In addition to the workshops hosted by The Arc throughout the year, we also provide specialized presentations and technical assistance upon request.
Visit our Community Calendar for all upcoming events hosted by The Arc and see below for examples of topics we’ll bring to a community group. These presentations can be provided in English or Spanish.
Presentations for Parent/Caregiver Groups:
These presentations are often provided to Special Needs PTAs or other parent groups.
- Demystifying DDA – Understanding the Developmental Disabilities Administration Eligibility and Services
- Special Education Advocacy
- Transition from Early Intervention into Special Education
- Transition from School into Adulthood – Overview of Services and Other Considerations
- Start Now! - Planning for Adulthood in Middle and High School
- Creating a Meaningful Life for Adults with I/DD
- Employment Services
- Housing Options
- The Basic of Behavior Support
- Civic Engagement
If you are interested in a topic not listed here, please inquire. We may be able to create a presentation or link you with another agency who specializes in that area.
Technical Assistance Presentations
The topics listed above are also provided to professionals such as special education teachers, paraeducators, and school psychologists, or other professionals working in the I/DD field.
In addition, The Arc tailors presentations specifically for professionals and organizations to gain awareness, knowledge, and skills to more effectively include individuals with I/DD in their programs.
- “Disability Inclusion” – Explore disability as a form of diversity and ways in which people’s beliefs and actions may or may not promote an inclusive environment for all.
- “Understanding I/DD” – Learn about common characteristics of people with I/DD and basic strategies for respectful and empowering interactions.
- “In Our Own Words” – Hear directly from people with intellectual and developmental disabilities talk about the life they have, the life they want, and ways you can help make it possible.
- “The Parents Perspective” – Hear directly from culturally and linguistically diverse parents about their experiences and words of advice for professionals.
For more information or to request a presentation contact our Information & Resource Team:
English: 206-829-7053 OR Ask@arcofkingcounty.org
Spanish: 206-829-7030 OR Preguntas@arcofkingcounty.org